My photo
I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin. I'm a wife and stay at home mom of 3 sons. I love to paint, sew, knit, stitch and create. I enjoy selling my creations at local fairs, ebay and here on my blog. When I not crafting I love to decorate my home. I'm always moving furniture, painting or switching things around. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day~*~Leanne~*~

Sunday, January 8, 2012

A trip to a new quilt shop....

well, the Quilt Shop was new to me.

We wanted to do something fun the other day so we took a day trip to Green Bay 
where we visited the hallowed grounds of
 Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame...saw all Four Super Bowl Trophies...very fun!
No, Lambeau Field doesn't have a quilt shop....
but there is a really nice quilt shop on the way.

in Menasha, Wisconsin.

When we go on these male pilgrimages I try to find something girly I would enjoy.
My husband and son were so generous with their time...not once did they say let's go or that's enough shopping.  They sat in the car for 45 minutes while I was in quilt shop heaven....thank you!
Now don't get me wrong, I could have spent the whole afternoon there but I know their limits.

The shop is cute and cozy with lots of  wool, patterns, fabrics and anything else you would want in a quilt shop.  There were plenty of samples made up and the employes were just a joy. I will be back it's not too far away only an hour and a half drive.

I have a few penny rug patterns from Primitive Gatherings...now I have more.
I'll share pictures of my goodies.

Christmas patterns were on sale.


 Beautiful wools... I've been looking for some off whites...
 golds for sunflowers...
 and perfect oranges for pumpkins.
 Antiquing spray
I'm going to use this on some of the counted cross stitch item I've been doing.
 Finished up some Warm Woolen Mittens penny rugs. 
I'm getting ready for my craft fair season in fall...since I hand stitch everythng if I don't start now I will never have enough. 
 I'll put a few of these on ebay...click here to see them.
 My first attempt at counted cross stitch in about 30 years.
I have to say this was a really fun piece to stitch.
 Look close... no mistakes...lol. 
I need to finish it into a ditty bag might be awhile but I'll get it done before Christmas.
Today I'll be stitching...I want to make the gingerbread penny rug.
Enjoy your day,
Leanne

1 comment:

Toodie said...

I want to go to your quilt shop! Love those mittens and that instant antique spray! Your projects turned out beautifully!